Friday, May 26, 2006

Margritte


I am currently working on the Margritte Rectangular Shawl (KK305) by Karabella (sorry for the wrinkly picture). The pattern called for Karabella Margritte but I am substituting Karabella Aurora 4 in Color 9 (salmon-y pink). I think it will be a good substitute but I don't think it will have as much drape as the merino cashmere blend. This is the first time I have used this yarn and I'm finding it a little splitty but it knits up nicely. I purchased the yarn at Stitch DC during a recent trip to Washington, DC (unrelated to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival...I wish I had known it was scheduled for that weekend because our trip was the week before...darn!). I also visited Woolwinders but was unimpressed. Not much assistance or selection. I wanted to visit Knit Happens but we ran out of time. I'm using lifelines with this pattern since I am tired of dropping stitches and "tinking" back several row...grr! I wish I had known about lifelines last year when I made Cozy. I'll post a picture of my progress in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home